By Janet Dodrill
I repaired a broken pottery vase for a friend.
1) Glued large broken pottery pieces (I used Elmer’s brand).
2) Built-up gap with self-drying clay (I used Crayola brand).
3) Repaired cracks in self-drying clay with water and additional self-drying clay.
4) Filled hairline cracks with glue.
5) Painted with acrylics, adding texture with toothbrush paint spatter.
6) Clear coated top rim to match existing sheen (I used Liquitex brand satin medium).
7) Kept company with the pottery while on my kitchen table over several weeks and named him Tippy.
8) Gave to friend and made them happy.
That’s my pottery repair!
Copyright article and images. All rights reserved. Not to be used without permission.