By Janet Dodrill
I repaired a broken pottery owl figure for a friend.
1) Glued large broken pottery pieces (I used Elmer’s brand).
2) Built-up gap with self-drying clay (I used Crayola brand).
3) Repaired cracks in self-drying clay with glue.
4) Filled hairline cracks with glue.
5) Painted with acrylics.
6) Kept company with the pottery while on my kitchen table over a couple weeks and named her Hoot (full name, Giva Hoot).
7) Gave to friend and made them happy.
That’s my pottery repair!
Copyright article and images. All rights reserved. Not to be used without permission.